Powered By Blogger

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day!!

If I am going to be 100% honest then I must admit that I hate Mother's Day! I know that that is horrible thing to say, but its the truth. I like the idea of it but it never really turns out all that great.

Now don't get me wrong, I love my mother and my mother figures in my life. I enjoy being able to show them that they are appreciated and loved.

I also love my children and know that my children love me. BUT Mother's day comes with to many expectations. Maybe that's my own fault. Maybe I have this picture in my head of what its supposed to look like. If I just let down my expectations, maybe it would be a better day.

Previous Mother's Day make it hard for me to think that this one will be any better. There was the Mother's Day that I was undergoing treatment and came home and threw up my entire dinner. There was the Mother's Day that my husband literally had to drag my kids kicking and screaming to go to the store and get me a gift. There was the Mother's Day that I went to the store with Ryan and without the kids to get my own gift.  There is always a Mother's Day with tears.

Now its not about the gift at all , its about the thought. I like the concept that there is one day to honor mothers. All Mothers. My kids sometimes ask " when is kids day?'. My reply is always "everyday is kids day"!  And that's ok with me. I enjoy devoting my entire life to my family. I love that each and every day I am hear for them when they need me. And when they don't need me. Sometimes my kids will not acknowledge me, but they still want me here. And I get that. 

I have been fortunate enough to be able to stay home since Cameron was born. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 13yrs. And I honestly would not have it any other way. I love my job(most days).

I recently saw a video about No Mother's Day. It's a movement to raise awareness about the amount of women who die during pregnancy and childbirth because they do not have the care.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0w669fZBH8
Its a video worth watching if you have time.
It truly made me think long and hard about Mother's Day. I thought this could be my out. But then I realized that I am blessed. I know to many people who have lost their mother. And I realize that life can be cut short at any moment. I want to give my mother as many mothers days as I can. I want my children to celebrate Mother's Day with me even if they are kicking and screaming.

So this Mothers day I will vow to be a Mom and daughter. And that doesn't mean my heart doesn't ache for all those women who wont see one. But it does mean that I have a different outlook on Mother's Day.

This Mother's Day comes with many emotions. But for one day I want the joy of being a mom to make all the worry and uncertainty disappear.

Happy Mother's Day to each and every women that has a role in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment