Powered By Blogger

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Waiting...Waiting...

I am anything but a patient person so waiting is never easy for me.

When you take your driving test , you know right away if you passed or not. Why can't everything be like that. Instant results. 

As all the testing has begun yet again for me so does the waiting. Every time the phone rings I jump to answer it hoping for answers on the other end. Every test I get I watch the nurses faces to see if they have a facial expression that will give me answers. Every bump and bruise on my body I look at differently while I wait for what will come next.

Today I woke up feeling like me again. My body still hurts and is still recovering but I am doing my best to get back to my old routine. But as I try and get back into that routine, I feel hindered by the unanswered questions. And until the results are in, it's hard to fully get back into routine. Do I get myself fully up so that I can be knocked down again?

My daughter came into my room the other night in tears because she was upset that all these things keep happening to me. Now she is 9. 9 going on 30 I think sometimes. But as I tried to calm her down I answered my own question. Of course I get myself fully back up, I have no other choice. I will pick myself back up and return to active duty =) .. Because I need to be the example to my children that life will knock you on your ass but that when it does , you get back up.

The waiting will never go away. Even when all this is done and over, there will be more waiting. Waiting for the next thing to hit. It may not be something life threatening but something will come and we will be waiting again.

There's the quote "Good things happen to those who wait", well here's hoping that this wait brings good news!!


No comments:

Post a Comment