Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

To many stories!!!

Everyone has their own story to tell. Every story different and unique. Some are happy and some are sad. Some make you think more then others. Some make you laugh and some make you cry. I never get tired of hearing someone tell me their story.

But today I am tired of hearing the story!!!!

It's the story that no one should ever have to tell.

It's the story that breaks your heart!

It's the story that you will never forget.

It's the story of someone losing their child to cancer.

We had house guest staying with us this past week from Africa. Ryan does a lot of work and traveling over there and when he goes there  he stays with them. So it was nice to be able to host them in our house since they take such good care of Ryan when he is over there.

Ryan came home last night after a long day of working with them and told me that one of them had lost their child to cancer just a month ago. I was shocked. My heart just went out to him and his family.
I watched him over the past few days create a bond with Hailey that I believe will stay with her forever. He had such a way with here that she just smiled every time he was around. Referring to him as the " Fun Kid one". It was precious to see. So as he said goodbye to me today, he shared with me that he lost his child a month ago to leukemia. He expressed to me that it was such a joy to be able to play with Hailey and you could see a smile on his face that was not there before. He said he gets depressed and can't sleep because of it. He said he enjoyed Hailey so very much and I was so very touched. I know Hailey will be too.

It's the story that breaks your heart in a away that you did not know possible. You wonder what to say or how to respond. You wonder how he even breathes everyday.  It's the one story you want to change if you could.

I feel blessed to have been able to share our family with him and hopefully fill his heart with some joy. Hailey is a special little girl who manages to fill every ones'  hearts with joy.

I think everyone can say they know of someone who has lost someone to cancer. I truly wish that that was not a true statement.

My heart breaks for Cancer and what it does to people everywhere around this world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment