Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Obstacles!!!

Everyone has their own obstacles. 

I have had my share of obstacles and feel that they have shaped who I am today!!

I have had no harder obstacle in my life then the past 4 weeks! I have also never been as proud as I have in the last 4 weeks!

When something happens to your child, you will do anything and everything to make it better. You will move mountains if you have to. 

I have learned that I have raised a daughter like her mother!! She is strong and stubborn all in one. She will give her all and she will fall apart. I believe that she is much stronger then I could ever be.

I do not know if I have done everything right over the past 4 weeks! I realized that watching Hailey go through this obstacle has broken me in a way I never thought possible. Maybe its watching your child suffer. I feel that I have a small idea of what my parents went through when I was sick at 15. Except this was only a broken leg. 

I keep telling myself "this is only a broken leg" .. But I can't seem to move on. I try and I feel like I fall right back down. I feel like I have done the best that I can and have given it my all. I hope that Hailey sees it someday. 

It's something that makes your world stop spinning but not the world around you. And that can be hard to sit back and watch. 

Hailey has come so very far. Her smile is back and she is itching to get out and do more. She is healing the way she is supposed to. It will be a little longer recovery then we had thought but at least its healing! 4 more weeks of staying off the leg. Only 4 more.. Seems like a lifetime!!

Its crazy to think how something like a broken leg can shake up your life. Your family! Your marriage!! 

I believe that things do happen for a reason and I do believe that something amazing will come out of this. I treasure the time I have had with Hailey these past weeks. I hate that it has taken me away from my son and my husband but I believe that the moments Hailey and I had will make up for those lost by others. 

The kids start school tomorrow and I am TERRIFIED!!! I will have to let go and trust that everything I have done the last 4 weeks will give strength to Hailey. I will have to trust that Cameron knows I am always here even if I am occupied with something else. 

I hope that the obstacles I face today will make me stronger and more equipped to face the obstacles yet still to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment