Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 3, 2012

Baby Steps

I have at times told others that sometimes you have to take baby steps instead of one huge leap in order to reach your goal.

Now I am the one needing to take baby steps!

I remember when my kids were babies and ever milestone was huge. Lifting their head, rolling over, sitting, crawling and then walking. Each time it was a reason to celebrate. Tears of joy as you watch this little baby become a real person. I feel like I am watching it all over again.

Hailey is making great progress! But its baby steps. Its a good day and then its a bad day. I watch her succeed with the biggest smile on her face and I watch the tears flow as she struggles. I feel like its much harder when they are older because they can actually tell you what they are thinking and feeling.

She wants to rush it. I want to rush it. We want to be done with the broken leg!!  When someone comes over and ask her how she is , she says "broken". Makes me smile at times and makes me cry at times. She just says it as it is.
As I watch her though, i become more and more proud of who she is. She is an amazing child and I really do hope that I had something to do with it!

I too am struggling with the the baby steps. I don't want her to do too much but then I think she is not doing enough. Everyday I wish it was me and not her.

Its a lonely journey. I think for Hailey too. I know it does not have to be but it is. Its like being home with your newborn baby for the first time and you are overwhelmed by this tiny little human being. You can only do so much . You can only allow yourself to do so much. I struggle everyday with knowing what I am capable of doing and what I am not. I will push myself until I have nothing left and then some and then wonder why I have nothing.

I think its hard because its just a broken leg. I tell myself some days to just snap out of this because its just a broken leg. But I hurt for this amazing child who I have grown to love even more then I ever thought possible.

But someday we will sit back and laugh about this!! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment