Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Dear Cancer.....

Cancer... I hate you... I thank you...

Today I sit down to right this with a very heavy heart. With tears in my eyes. With a piece of my heart breaking. But I sit down to write this because I have to continue to Hope. I have to believe in believing. Believing that there is light through all the darkness.

No one needs to be reminded that cancer is full of darkness. It's full of fear and sadness. It's full of more tears then you knew your body could even shed. It's digs deep inside your beliefs. It makes you doubt life like never before. It confuses you. It shreds you into pieces. It is full of questions that will never be answered.

But....

Even on the darkest days you find a strength that you didn't know you had. You don't let cancer just come in and win. You Fight! You wipe your tears, you pick up your pieces and you fight like hell!

Cancer makes you Stop! Dead in your tracks. It makes you open your eyes and really see what life is all about. It makes you appreciate life like never before. It forces you to do all the things you have always wanted to do. It surrounds you with people you wonder how you ever survived without them before.

Cancer has taught me to hope in a way I didn't know possible. Hope that tomorrow will be better then today. Hope that my children will not know this fear. Hope that no one will have to lose their loved one to cancer. Hope that there will be a cure. No matter what stage!

Right now cancer is taking another fighter. A fighter who through her fight has given strength to so many. She has made us all stop and smell the flowers.

To many know this feeling. To many have shed these same tears.

So from this darkness we must see the light. We must shine that light bright and fight like hell!



 




          

No comments:

Post a Comment