Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 2, 2017

What Cancer Cannot Do.....

"A Strong person is not the one who doesn't cry. A strong person is the one who cries and sheds tears for a moment, then gets up and fights again."


I'm a big believer in living by the "What Cancer Cannot do" saying. It has always been something that I lean on and go to when life is kicking my ass. Being 8 weeks into treatment I gotta say that I feel like I'm getting my ass kicked. And if you know me, I am not one to go down without one hell of a fight. So I'm taking my own advise and I am reminding myself What Cancer cannot do! Because this girl is done! I'm done letting cancer have a say! I'm done letting cancer knock me down! I'm done letting cancer think that it has a place in this house! I'm done letting cancer believe that it can win!

There are so so many things that cancer can take...It can take my hair. My appetite. Most foods that I love. Most of my body parts(you would be surprised what a body can run on). It can take my energy and my sleep. It can turn life upside down. BUT................

CANCER CANNOT ....

It cannot cripple love....
            "Love is not something you go out and look for. Love finds you, and when it does, ready or not, It'll be the best thing to ever happen to you."
            
It cannot shatter hope...
               "Never stop believing in hope because miracles happen everyday!"

It cannot dissolve faith...
              "Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to His strongest soldiers."

It cannot destroy peace...
               "Peace begins with a smile."

It cannot kill friendship...
                  "When someone has cancer, the whole family and everyone who loves them does too."

It cannot suppress memories...
                "The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen, and the memories you've made along the way."

It cannot silence courage...
             "Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you."

It cannot invade the soul...
              "Do what makes your soul shine."

It cannot steal eternal life...
              "Go forward in life with a twinkle in your eye and a smile on your face, but with great and strong purpose in your heart..."

It cannot conquer the spirit...
             "I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me."


This is a reminder to everyone fighting, everyone supporting a fighter and everyone who has lost a loved one to cancer, that there is always hope and to hang on to it for dear life. Because without it the fight is much harder and it does not need to be any harder then it already is.



No comments:

Post a Comment